Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Here I am posting on a blog. My sisters would be after me if they knew I was doing this because I never even look at theirs. I just thought I'd give a quick Young Women's update. I have never been more impressed with a group of young women as I am with the ones in our ward. They are amazing. Sunday Lindsey Olcott was one of the girls in the Stake honored at the Stake Young Womanhood Recognition Night for earning her medallion this year. We are so proud of her.
Hopefully you've heard that the new value of Virtue was added this year. We are still working on saying the YW Theme right every Sunday, but it's good that we have to stop and think about our virtue every week. The General YW Presidency has asked us to "Return to Virtue." I think more than just the YW can work on that.
We are preparing for Youth Conference at the end of May and Girls' Camp the middle of July. We are excited that Marie Brooks accepted the call as Camp Director. She will be awesome!
A little side note as a mother of little kids: Have you checked out the Friend website on www.lds.org lately? They have added games, puzzles, coloring pages, stories, and more. My kids love playing on it. While they're playing games, primary songs are playing for them to listen to. We love it. There are also some games on the New Era site. Check it out!
Patricia Belnap



1 comment:

  1. I also have to say that I love YW as well. We have a great group of girls. I love each and everyone of them. I also love who I serve with they are awesome ladies to work with. I am way excited to go to Youth Conference and to Girls Camp, because this is a new experience for me, since I wasn't a member when I was that age. I love YW's. Thanks for posting this on here Patricia!

    ReplyDelete